The Magic in Me, by Vree Erickson
My Family Tree
Joseph and Hendrika Groot (my maternal great-great-great-great-great-grandparents); begat 2 children. Their daughter Mina Groot (my great-great-great-great-grandmother), married Baltisar Andersson; they begat 7 children. Their daughter Ruth Andersson (my great-great-great-grandmother), married Jonathan Kaufmann; they begat 2 sons. Their youngest son Joseph Kaufmann (my great-great-grandfather), married Helen Baker; they begat 5 daughters. Their daughter Adali Kaufmann (my great-grandmother), married James Doyle; they begat 4 children. Their daughter Evelyn Doyle (my grandmother) and Trevor Renfrew begat 1 child: son, Balen Renfrew. Evelyn Doyle then married Jonathan “Jack” Lybrook; they begat 1 child: daughter, Karrie. Karrie Lybrook, (my mother), married Charles Erickson; they begat 3 children (triplets). I am the youngest of the triplets.
Evelyn Doyle’s Siblings
- Vera, married to Kurt Ziegler, Blooming Valley PA; 3 children: John Luke, Mary, and James
- Matthew, married Roxanne Stills, Brookside PA; no children
- Sara, married to Nathan Davies, Bakers View PA; 4 children: Jean, Carla, William, and Pamela
Jack Lybrook’s Siblings
- Paul, married Elaine May, New Cambridge PA; 2 children: Erin and Kay
- Janet, married to Ronald Baker, New Cambridge PA; 2 children: Debra and Anne
- Jerry, married Diane Marrs, Albany NY; 3 children: Brianne, Donna, and Gail
Charles Erickson’s Parents
Reginald Erickson, married Rachel McGuire, Wheeling WV, retired; winters St. Petersburg FL; they have 3 children: Leanne, Cincinnati OH; Alexis, Laramie WY; and Charles, deceased.
Charles Erickson’s Siblings
- Leanne, married to Paul Watson, Cincinnati OH; 4 children: Sara, Joel, Thomas, and Holly
- Alexis, married to Justin Roth, Laramie WY; 5 children: Michelle, Nichole, Ryan, Jessica, and Crystal
My Family Line of Psychics
My relations with known psychic/magic abilities are listed in bold.
Josef and Hendrika Groot had 2 children: Rutger Groot and Mina Groot;
Mina Groot, whom at 13, married: Baltasar Andersson, 16, (139 years ago), had 7 children, of which daughter
Ruth Andersson, whom at 17, married Jonathan Kaufmann (112 years ago), had 2 sons, of which son
Joseph Kaufmann, whom at 23, married Helen Baker (87 years ago), had 5 daughters, of which daughter
Adali Kaufmann, whom at 19, married James Doyle (68 years ago), had 4 children, of which daughter
Evelyn Doyle, whom at 19, had 1 son with wizard Trevor Renfrew (45 years ago), of which son
Balen Renfrew is half mortal, half wizard & has limited magic;
Evelyn Doyle, whom at 27, married Jonathan Lybrook (37 years ago), had 1 child, of which daughter
Karrie Lybrook, whom at 21, married Charles Erickson (16 years ago), had 3 children, of which daughter
Verawenda Erickson, struck by lightning at 15, has psychic/magic ability.
Mina Andersson and her husband Baltasar had seven children. They lived in Ridgewood and were influential members of the community before Baltasar killed a man and went to prison. After their youngest child was old enough, Mina left home for a nunnery. She stayed there until her death. Mina had telepathic powers. She foretold her husband’s act of murder, along with other prophesies, including the 1906 San Francisco earthquake and the sinking of the Titanic. Her daughter Ruth could also see future events. Ruth’s son Walter was a vaudeville magician who could move objects with his mind. His brother Joseph claimed to see and speak to spirits. Psychic abilities in my family stopped with Walter and Joseph until lightning triggered it in Grandma Evelyn.
Timeline, From Josef Groot to Me
- Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Grandfather Josef Groot, b. 173 years ago, deceased;
- Great-Great-Great-Great-Grandmother Mina Andersson née Groot, b. 152 years ago, deceased;
- Great-Great-Great-Grandmother Ruth Kaufmann née Andersson, b. 129 years ago, deceased;
- Great-Great-Grandfather Joseph Kaufmann, b. 110 years ago, deceased;
- Great-Grandmother Adali Doyle née Kaufmann, b. 87 years ago, alive, lives at Alice Lake’s Lakeview Living Center;
- Grandmother Evelyn Lybrook née Doyle, b. 64 years ago, alive, lives at weird farmhouse on Myers Ridge;
- Mother Karrie Erickson née Lybrook, b. 37 years ago, alive, lives with Grandma on Myers Ridge;
- Me, Vree Erickson, b. 15 years ago, still alive, I live with Mom at Grandma’s weird farmhouse on Myers Ridge.