I discovered recently that I won the Reader Appreciation Award after being nominated by LightningPen. This is my first award for blogging, and I’m intrigued that it’s a reader appreciation one. And I’m glad to see that LightningPen was a recipient. He always dashes humor in his blogs, which I’m a sucker for—I love to laugh.
The rules of the Reader Appreciation Award
1. Include the award logo somewhere in your blog, which I have done
2. Answer 10 questions (listed below) for fun if you want to
3. Nominate 6 or 10 to 12 (Isn’t that a song by Chicago?) blogs you enjoy
4. Provide the links to these blogs and let them know they’ve been nominated
5. Provide a link to the blogger(s) who nominated you, which I have done
10 Questions—and my answers—for the Reader Appreciation Award
1. What is your favorite color?
I have two favorite colors: yellow and blue in all their shades except khaki and Navy, which are depressing when displayed together.
2. What is your favorite animal?
Probably the red fox, which displays the characteristics of both canine and feline.
3. What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink?
4. Facebook or Twitter?
I don’t tweet, so Facebook.
5. Favorite pattern?
I’m not sure what this means, but I’ll say fractal patterns found in nature.
6. Do you prefer getting or giving presents?
I give more than I receive … and enjoy it.
7. Favorite number?
8. Favorite day of the week?
9. Favorite flower?
10. What is your passion?
My 7 nominations for the Reader Appreciation Award
1. Unbound Boxes Limping Gods for Cheryl Moore’s great stories and art
2. Sorrygnat, World Citizen for Esther Bradley-DeTally’s whimsical writing
3. MonaD’E for lifting the mind, body, and spirit
4. Chester Maynes for wonderful poetry
5. UnderTheWisdomTree for faith, philosophy, health, meditation, and well-being
6. Harry for things funny and interesting
7. My Tangerine Days for terrific poetry
Also, though it isn’t required, I’d like to thank my followers and everyone who has commented. I know how easy it is when you’re busy to click on the Like button after viewing someone’s posts. I’m guilty of the same when I’m blog surfing, but I try to comment when time allows. Comments can be truly inspiring.
Finally, for those of you who are wondering why I haven’t posted lately, let me tell you that I’m still fussing over The Ridgewood Story, and I’ve discovered some comic strips I drew back when dinosaurs were thriving. I hope to post new chapters and the comics soon.
Have a great day!